Skip to main content

Drying time...

I've spent most of my painting time this week doing the under painting of future paintings.

Had a bit of a learning curve when I bought a tube of zinc white instead of titanium white and had to scrub off a couple of days work. Who would have thought it would have made such a difference!?

Now I'm itching to get stuck in to paint more than these blocks of colours...pots, vases, plants? 
I've been planning in my head where to go from here, but my plans seem to change daily. 
So, we'll see...

These are part of the 100 days of painting project I'm doing. To see more take a look at the 100 days project website. 
Cruise around a bit while you're there and look at some of the fabulous projects people from all around the world are doing.

Jill xx


Popular posts from this blog

100 days of doodling....

A couple of days ago, a friend of mine told me about a website where people commit to doing ...something....

...each day for 100 days.

Unfortunately, that particular 100 day project has closed and the people on it are up to day 34 already, so I've decided to do my own version.

What I want to do ...for 100 get out my black ink pen and draw...something...everyday for 100 days.

doodle #1 
I'm often having a little whinge to myself that I don't do enough drawing and

here goes...

It feels exciting...and who knows what new fabric designs may come out of it? But I don't really want to have too many goals or set directions. I'll just see where it goes....

My friend Terri is joining me in this challenge!

How about you? interested??

Jill xx

P.S. Take a look the page I have created called 100 days of doodling to see all the doodles I have done so far.

Printing on hessian...

Here's a few samples of  the new placemats and coasters I've been developing over the past couple of weeks.
The designs are printed on hessian and the edges zig-zagged  to stop fraying. They're fun to make and I have a few more designs too that I'll show you in a day or two as I complete them.
These ones have a nice, relaxed summer vibe. I hope you like them. 

So, now that I've figured out the designs it won't be long till I have some in my online shop.
Jill xx

Day 40, Hibiscus painting complete....

On Friday, I finished my fourth 100 days project painting, of a couple of small hibiscus branched placed in a mug. 

Last week it was looking a bit touch and go as to whether I continued doing the project. Those leaves seemed to take forever! ...and I was tired! :) 
Now that I'm back on track, I can really see the value of trying to do something for 100 days, through tiredness, through a lack of ideas, through boredom. I feel like I'm in training to have a bit of grit and stickablility. Here's hoping anyway!
So, crisis over for the moment and I've spent the last couple of days planning and doing the under painting for the backgrounds of my next couple of paintings.
57 days to go!
The project finishes on the 1st of September, the first day of spring. That means only 57 days of winter left too! Nice thought!
Jill xx